- +SO, WHAT EXACTLY IS AEROPONICS?
- Aer-o-ponics – (Plural Noun):
Aeroponics is the process of growing plants in an air or mist environment, without the use of soil or an aggregate medium.
- +WHAT ABOUT HYDROPONICS?
- Hy-dro-pon-ics – (Plural Noun):
Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture and is the method of growing plants using a small mineral/nutrient based solution, in water, without soil.
- +HOW DO I ASSEMBLE MY NEW SYSTEM?
- You can download instructions HERE
- +HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO CLEAN MY EZ-CLONE SYSTEM?
- Thorough cleaning in between every cycle is strongly suggested. Please refer to these cleaning recommendations HERE.
- +WHAT TEMP SHOULD MY RESERVOIR BE?
- We operate all of our testing units in a 75 degree grow room. We strongly recommend maintaining an ambient air temperature between 68 and 78 degrees.
- +HOW MANY GALLONS DOES IT TAKE TO FILL MY SYSTEM?
- 9 Unit 2 gallons
16 Unit 2.5 – 3 gallons
32 Unit 5 – 5.5 gallons
64 Unit 8 – 10 gallons
128 Unit 11 gallons
If the exact volume of water is not required for determining the proper ratio for additives, fill your system to the bottom of the manifold.
- +WHAT KIND OF WATER SHOULD I USE?
- EZ-CLONE Rooting Compound and Clear Rez.
- +WHAT SHOULD THE pH OF MY WATER BE?
- Anywhere between 5.8-6.5. Initial pH set point is recommended at 5.8. These levels are likely to rise daily, so be sure to monitor & readjust to 5.8 accordingly. Once you begin seeing roots, acceptable pH range is 6.0-6.5.
- +WHAT KIND OF LIGHT WORKS BEST WITH THE EZ-CLONE CLASSIC SYSTEM?
- Simple T12 fluorescent 40 watt lights work great. A two foot dual bulb fixture works well over the 16 and 32 site systems while a four foot dual bulb fixture works well for the 64 and 128 site system.
- +HOW FAR SHOULD MY LIGHT BE FROM MY CUTTINGS?
- 18-24 inches is more than sufficient
- +WHAT LIGHT SCHEDULE SHOULD MY EZ-CLONE SYSTEM BE ON?
- 18 – 24 hours a day. It’s usually the growers preference.
- +WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT ROOTS?
- Rooting times vary greatly depending on environmental conditions, species and health of donor plant. Usually roots will begin to develop around 7-10 days for many herbaceous and softwood cuttings. Hardwood cuttings may take a little longer.
- +WHEN ARE MY CUTTINGS READY TO BE TRANSPLANTED?
- Depending on the medium your transplanting into, your cuttings are ready to be transplanted when roots are at least 2” long. Typically longer more developed roots have a higher success rate. Remember if roots get too long they can be trimmed with sterile scissors during transplanting.
- +WHERE’S THE BEST PLACE TO PUT MY EZ-CLONE SYSTEM?
- Somewhere that is sturdy or stable enough to set the system fully filled. A sturdy table, the floor or heavy duty wire racks are all good options.
- +CAN I REUSE MY CLONING COLLARS?
- Yes, if properly cleaned and sterilized between cycles. Though we strongly recommend using new ones each time for best results. Look at it as a 50 cent per cutting insurance policy to help eliminate the potential for bacterial infection. 50 cents is definitely not worth losing a plant. Cleaning Instructions HERE.
- +CAN MY EZ-CLONE SYSTEM BE USED OUTDOORS?
- No, the EZ-CLONE has been designed to be used in an indoor application.
- +WHERE’S MY HUMIDITY DOME?
- You didn’t get one cause you don’t need one. A humidity dome increases the potential for powder mildew, pest infestation, prevents the cuttings from transpiring naturally and can delay rooting times.
- +DOES MY PUMP NEED TO RUN CONTINUOUSLY 24 HOURS A DAY?
- Running your water pump continuously is recommended. A cycle time of 1 min on / 4 min off is suggested if you’re combating heating issues. It is always recommended that your cloning system be in a temperature controlled environment for the most optimal results possible.